This week, we pose questions to our listeners. Write, send a sound clip, and engage in the conversation. We’ll use your responses and ideas for a future episode.
- How have students been rewired since Covid?
- What aspect of your job are you doing the most differently since Covid?
- Would you bring non-Western/classical music into your secondary ensembles?
- Do secondary ensembles lend themselves to the best possible music
education experiences–especially at the high school?
- Does the “perfectionism” component white-suprecist culture dictate
much of how we approach music education (accuracy of pitches/rhythms,
playing music from “the canon” etc.)?
- What is the most exhausting part of your job as a music teacher?
- If you are thinking about quitting teaching or did quit teaching, what
was the one thing that is driving that decision?
- Is it your responsibility as an informed music educator to have an
influence on your peers?